When choosing the best pair of Gymnastics Grips for your gymnast, first decide if you need Basic Palm Grips or Dowel Grips. This American Gymnast video will hopefully help gymnasts and parents distinguish between these two types of grips.
Palm Grips primarily provide basic protection for the palm of the hand. They are intended for beginner (mostly non-competitive) gymnasts or for athletes just training pull-ups and/or basic swings.
Dowel Grips are typically for competitive gymnasts that are swinging at least bar height (horizontal). If you need gymnastics grips with a dowel, choose either Uneven Bar Grips (for girls), High Bar Grips (for guys), or Ring Grips (for guys).
- American Gymnast Adds Strength and Fitness Product Line - June 10, 2014
- How To Keep High Confidence After Performing Poorly - June 9, 2014
- How to Bounce Back After a Bad Performance - May 22, 2014
- Spin Locks Updated on AAI Gymnastics Equipment - May 15, 2014
- American Gymnast Opens New Location - April 18, 2014
- Top Beliefs that Block Gymnasts’ Success - March 15, 2014
- How to Perform with Trust in Competition - February 20, 2014
- 2014 American Cup Gymnastics Equipment for Sale - February 18, 2014
- How to Stay Committed to Your Training - November 7, 2013
- Frame Bar vs. Quick Flex Bar for the TumblTrak - November 6, 2013