Instructional Video Series
- ►Balance Beam (41)
- ►Floor Exercise (32)
- ►High Bar (39)
- ►Strength and Conditioning (8)
- ►Uneven Bars (26)
- ►Vault (25)
- ►Recruiting (1)
- ►Sports Medicine (2)
- ►Sports Psychology (17)
- Avoiding Psychological Meltdowns
- Focusing on the Right Thing at the Right Time
- Get Gymnastics Coaching from Olympic Champ Paul Hamm
- Goal Setting
- Handling Wrist Tendonitis
- How To Perform Well When You Feel Uncomfortable
- Performing without Fear of Failure
- Self-Esteem in Gymnastics
- Sports Injuries: Throwing A Stone In A Pond
- The Creatine Controversy
- A Week Later...Did The U.S. Selection Committees Get It Right?
- AG Uneven Bar Gymnastics Grips - Using the Elastic Fingerlock Band
- Analysis...Women's Prelims
- Can Mustafina Challenge Simone Biles? An Event-By-Event Look
- Day 1 at Women's Euros...Random Thoughts!
- Full Turn with Stag Leg on Balance Beam
- Helping Gymnasts Overcome Mental Blocks
- How To Perform Well When You Feel Uncomfortable
- London StockWatch Update...Major Moves On Men's Day 1!
- Olympic Flashback...Catalina Ponor Secures Gold For Romania
- Price Increase Coming Soon. Order Now and Save
- Remember This? Jiang Yuyuan's Amanar
- Romania Wins It...Random Thoughts on the Womens European Team Final
- Russia's "Ten Little Indians"
- So What's The Verdict? A Projected Six-Member Women's World Team
- Some Thoughts On Women's Night One...Some Surprises in Store For Worlds?
- Two phenomenal training videos...Mai Murakami and Danell Leyva!
Search by Category
- Cheerleading (1)
- Gymnastics on Demand (160)
- Balance Beam (41)
- Floor Exercise (32)
- High Bar (39)
- Strength and Conditioning (8)
- Uneven Bars (26)
- Vault (25)
- Training Information (22)
- Uncategorized (17)
- AG Premier Earnings (1)
- AG Premier Education (1)
- AG Premier Online Marketing (1)
- AG Premier Savings (1)
- American Gymnast Company News (103)
- Andy's Angle (388)
- Ask American Gymnast (4)
- From the Judge's Chair (5)
- Smooth Skills (8)
- Balance Beam (4)
- Floor Exercise (4)
- High Bar (1)
- Parallel Bars (1)
- Pommel Horse (3)
- Rings (2)
- Trampoline (2)
- Uneven Bars (3)
- Vault (4)
- Beginner Palm Grips (4)
- High Bar Grips (6)
- Ring Grips (6)
- Uneven Bar Grips (9)
- Gymnastics Equipment (21)
- Gymnastics Grips (10)
- Gymnastics Mats (3)
- Tiger Paws (3)
- Tumbling Mats (3)
AG on Twitter
- No Tweets Available
AG on Facebook
Tagswomen's team final Women's U.S. Championships Women's World Contenders Womens Gymnastics workout workout equipment workout euipment workouts world cup world cup porto world professional championships wrist guards wrist pain wrist strength Wrist Supports wrist tendonitis wu liufang xiao qin xiao qin comeback Xiao Sha yana demyanchuk yang bo yang wei Yang Yilin Yang Yun yan mingyong yann cucherat yao jinnan yernar yerimbetov YMCA Yosuki Hoshi youna dufournet yulia belokobylskaya yulia inshina yulia lozechko Yulia Lozhechko Yurchenko yuri chechi zebra paws zeng siqi zhang chenglong Zhang Hongtao zhang yelinzi zonderland Zou Kai
Author Archives: Andy Thornton
Simone Biles’ New Skill – Check Out Who Performed This Eight Years Ago! And Some Pre-Meet Thoughts On The U.S. Classic
Simone Biles turned a lot of heads in yesterday’s podium training for the Secret U.S. Classic with her incredible double layout with a half turn – not to be confused with a laid out double Arabian, in which the half turn occurs early in the skill and is supposed to show a laid out double ...
John Orozco’s Routines 2013 Men’s National Qualifier Orozco is still coming back from the torn left ACL and meniscus he suffered while performing a parallel bars dismount on the post-Olympic tour in October, and thus didn’t compete floor and vault in this competition. However, he recently indicated in an interview that he intends to perform all ...
Bobby Baker Floor Exercise 2013 Men's National Qualifier Seventeen-year-old junior gymnast Bobby Baker of Aerial Gymnastics in Lemont, IL may be the only gymnast in the world competing a full twisting double front on floor exercise. He did throw the skill on both days of this year’s Winter Cup as well, but fell short the first ...
Is Afanasyeva being underscored? I already touched on a few of the scoring concerns I had in the men’s competition. Now it’s time to look at a few of the women’s. This post will be about Afanasyeva’s floor – which many would agree is currently the best in the world. Ksenia Afanasyeva Floor 2013 World University Games ...
I just had a chance to watch all of the men’s even finals in their entirety. Here were some things that stuck out: RUSSIA! Wow this team is looking phenomenal right now. The addition of Nikolai Kuksenkov - the transplanted Ukrainian and new World University Games all-around champion – is HUGE in and of itself, but aside ...
I did catch the women’s vault final this morning, so I wanted to post a few comments. I’ll have more on some of the other finals later on. This women’s vault final was great. What an incredible surprise to see that Afanasyeva has suddenly become a world medal threat on vault! Her Amanar was fantastic, and ...
What a treat to see the Russian A-Team competing essentially full difficulty and looking so good. With the way they are preparing their team right now, you’d think there was a team title at stake at this year’s world championships – which of course there isn’t. Even so, it will be great to see them ...
It’s time to get back in the game! It’s funny – after following the world’s best gymnasts so closely for four years (or more), analyzing their every move, writing about them several times per week, becoming fully invested in the emotional Olympic selection process, and then traveling to the Olympic Games in London to experience the ...
Session 2: USA and Japan The American men had a bit of strange day. On one hand, their pommel horse was a success, as Mikulak, Leyva, and Orozco all hit - AND it was their first event. And Mikulak showed he is back to full strength on floor and vault, showing some soaring Kasamatsu double fulls ...
Although I'll be writing for www.nbcolympics.com here at the Olympic Games and also providing live tweets at https://twitter.com/AndyThorntonNBC, when time allows I'd like to give some further details here on Andy's Angle as well. Right now I'm awaiting for the third and final session of men's podium training to begin, and I wanted to give some ...