Instructional Video Series
- ►Balance Beam (41)
- ►Floor Exercise (32)
- ►High Bar (39)
- ►Strength and Conditioning (10)
- ►Uneven Bars (26)
- ►Vault (25)
- ►Recruiting (1)
- ►Sports Medicine (2)
- ►Sports Nutrition (1)
- ►Sports Psychology (23)
- I Love Gymnastics, But There is That One Thing...
- Avoiding Psychological Meltdowns
- Competition Day Meals: Don't Over Think it
- Focusing on the Right Thing at the Right Time
- Get Gymnastics Coaching from Olympic Champ Paul Hamm
- Goal Setting
- Handling Wrist Tendonitis
- How To Perform Well When You Feel Uncomfortable
- One Major Thing That Might be Harming Your Athletic Performance
- Performing without Fear of Failure
- Self-Esteem in Gymnastics
- Sports Injuries: Throwing A Stone In A Pond
- The Creatine Controversy
- A Week Later...Did The U.S. Selection Committees Get It Right?
- AG Uneven Bar Gymnastics Grips - Using the Elastic Fingerlock Band
- Analysis...Women's Prelims
- Can Mustafina Challenge Simone Biles? An Event-By-Event Look
- Day 1 at Women's Euros...Random Thoughts!
- Full Turn with Stag Leg on Balance Beam
- Helping Gymnasts Overcome Mental Blocks
- How To Perform Well When You Feel Uncomfortable
- Important Part of Training You May Not Be Doing
- London StockWatch Update...Major Moves On Men's Day 1!
- Olympic Flashback...Catalina Ponor Secures Gold For Romania
- Price Increase Coming Soon. Order Now and Save
- Remember This? Jiang Yuyuan's Amanar
- Romania Wins It...Random Thoughts on the Womens European Team Final
- Russia's "Ten Little Indians"
- So What's The Verdict? A Projected Six-Member Women's World Team
- Some Thoughts On Women's Night One...Some Surprises in Store For Worlds?
- Two phenomenal training videos...Mai Murakami and Danell Leyva!
Search by Category
- Cheerleading (1)
- Gymnastics on Demand (162)
- Balance Beam (41)
- Floor Exercise (32)
- High Bar (39)
- Strength and Conditioning (10)
- Uneven Bars (26)
- Vault (25)
- Training Information (30)
- Uncategorized (18)
- AG Premier Earnings (1)
- AG Premier Education (1)
- AG Premier Online Marketing (1)
- AG Premier Savings (1)
- American Gymnast Company News (103)
- Andy's Angle (388)
- Ask American Gymnast (4)
- From the Judge's Chair (5)
- Smooth Skills (8)
- Balance Beam (5)
- Floor Exercise (4)
- High Bar (1)
- Parallel Bars (1)
- Pommel Horse (3)
- Rings (2)
- Trampoline (2)
- Uneven Bars (3)
- Vault (4)
- Beginner Palm Grips (4)
- High Bar Grips (6)
- Ring Grips (6)
- Uneven Bar Grips (9)
- Gymnastics Equipment (22)
- Gymnastics Grips (10)
- Gymnastics Mats (4)
- Tiger Paws (3)
- Tumbling Mats (4)
AG on Twitter
- No Tweets Available
AG on Facebook
Tagswomen's team final Women's U.S. Championships Women's World Contenders Womens Gymnastics workout workout equipment workout euipment workouts world cup world cup porto world professional championships wrist guards wrist pain wrist strength Wrist Supports wrist tendonitis wu liufang xiao qin xiao qin comeback Xiao Sha yana demyanchuk yang bo yang wei Yang Yilin Yang Yun yan mingyong yann cucherat yao jinnan yernar yerimbetov YMCA Yosuki Hoshi youna dufournet yulia belokobylskaya yulia inshina yulia lozechko Yulia Lozhechko Yurchenko yuri chechi zebra paws zeng siqi zhang chenglong Zhang Hongtao zhang yelinzi zonderland Zou Kai
Category Archives: Andy’s Angle
Simone Biles is the first female gymnast in recent years whom I would have no hesitation in calling the best all-arounder in the world TWO years in a row. We could have easily said that about Kohei Uchimura on the men’s side for several years straight, but when was the last time we could truly ...
So I’ve been away for a while again...a brand new job and brand new city in the last year have kept me quite busy. But I’ve quietly still been keeping an eye on things since I last posted a year ago, and since we’re now exactly halfway into the quadrennium and there was plenty of ...
Randomly came across this. Cool stuff! Thanks to Mostepanovafan for the montage - put together back in 2009. Notice, unfortunately, that no recent gymnasts are featured. Today's routines are skill-skill-skill packed into the same time frame as the more artistic and innovative routines from years past. I certainly don't mind seeing some of the more difficult skills ...
Most would agree that Simone Biles, Kyla Ross, and McKayla Maroney have all but locked up three of the four available spots on the U.S. women’s world championship team. The fourth spot – should Martha Karolyi choose to use it – is certainly up for grabs and will be determined at the upcoming World Team ...
Victoria Moors Floor Routine at 2013 Pan Am Games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-2sADwuiw We saw the popular Canadian unveil the spectacular laid-out double double earlier this year at the 2013 Canadian Championships – not long after American Mykayla Skinner made waves for throwing the very same gutsy move in the United States. In this weekend’s Pan American Games, Moors didn’t quite ...
Kyla Ross looked very good and did deserve the title, despite not having a whole lot of competition (not to diminish Peyton Ernst’s outstanding performance). Kyla’s beam was solid but certainly not spectacular, and would certainly benefit from some upgrading and perhaps a little creativity. I’m never a fan of using a simply back handspring layout ...
This was just put up today. She’s now added the wolf jump after the punch front, which she does very, very well and which now gives her 0.1 in connection under the 2013 code of points. I do think that overall this routine is a little choppier than the one she competed last year – lots of ...
Simone Biles’ New Skill – Check Out Who Performed This Eight Years Ago! And Some Pre-Meet Thoughts On The U.S. Classic
Simone Biles turned a lot of heads in yesterday’s podium training for the Secret U.S. Classic with her incredible double layout with a half turn – not to be confused with a laid out double Arabian, in which the half turn occurs early in the skill and is supposed to show a laid out double ...
John Orozco’s Routines 2013 Men’s National Qualifier Orozco is still coming back from the torn left ACL and meniscus he suffered while performing a parallel bars dismount on the post-Olympic tour in October, and thus didn’t compete floor and vault in this competition. However, he recently indicated in an interview that he intends to perform all ...
Bobby Baker Floor Exercise 2013 Men's National Qualifier Seventeen-year-old junior gymnast Bobby Baker of Aerial Gymnastics in Lemont, IL may be the only gymnast in the world competing a full twisting double front on floor exercise. He did throw the skill on both days of this year’s Winter Cup as well, but fell short the first ...