From beginner to advanced levels, handstand control is an absolute necessity in all facets of the sport of gymnastics. The Handstand Homework Mat is a multi-functional mat developed with Tom Forster, USA Gymnastics National Team Staff Coach.
Use of the Mat encourages practice at home. When used under the direction and guidance of the workbook, included with purchase, the athlete has the opportunity to improve their handstands greatly. This will thereby improve performance in all their gymnastic routines including tumbling, bars, vault and beam.
The Handstand Homework Mat is reversible. One side is a Cartwheel Mat (available in 4 colors) and the other side is blue carpet which features a 6ft. long, 4in. wide white “beam” stripe. The Mat is designed to easily attach to any door with slide-on clips and Velcro straps, but can also be used on the floor.
The 60 page Handstand Homework book (included with purchase) demonstrates the shapes necessary to achieve the perfect handstand. It is filled with pictures of correct shapes, as well pointing out some common misshapes. The workbook also includes some fun “quizzes” about handstands, a “word find” and many other items a young gymnast will surely enjoy while learning at the same time!
- 9ft long x 2ft wide x 5/8in thick
- Front side is closed loop carpet with a white velcro line going down the center
- Back is 18 oz vinyl with the cartwheel hands and feet silkscreen
- The small 2ft x 3ft area which sits on the floor when laid out, folds up and out of the way with two velcro tabs for a secure fit.
- All mounting hardware is included.
**The door onto which the mat will be mounted should not be more than 1-3/8in thick.