New International ELITE Pommel Horse from AAI
Introducing the NEW International ELITE™ Pommel Horse from AAI!
This NEW flat top design enables the gymnast to use the full body of the horse to perform more difficult skills. Also, new Flat Top Pommels have been re-designed to fit the new flat top pommel horse body and conform to FIG specifications.
This rugged pommel horse withstands the strength and power of the athlete who performs on it. The International ELITE™ Pommel Horse footprint equals 4′ 3-1/2″ x 5′ 6-1/2″
About the New Pommel Horse
- USAG & NCAA Approved
- Meets FIG, USAG, NCAA and NFHS competition specifications
- Contour of the body gives the gymnast a larger working area allowing them to work the full horse.
- New Flatter surface provides about 10% more working surface and allows the athlete to do more off pommel skills
- Steel shell is covered in a 2 piece 7/10’’ (1.8cm) thick polyethylene foam that is cut, shaped and fitted to the horse body, then covered with a soft top-grade leather
- Horse body has two 5/8” (1.6cm) diameter holes properly located to conform to FIG specification for pommel spacing
- Chrome plated pistons are made of 2 3/8” (6cm) diameter heavy wall steel tubing with nine grooves precision turned at 5cm intervals for height adjustments
- Height adjustable from 37 1/2’’ to 53’’ (95 to 135cm) in 5cm increments with smooth action assist springs
- Dual locking spin and snap lock mechanisms
- Non-marking floor contacts, one with an adjustable leveling foot
- Powder coated navy vein finish which resists chipping, fading and regular wear and tear found in average finishes
- Apparatus can accommodate freestanding or anchored configurations (Floor Anchors and Tie-Down System not included)
About the New Flat Top Pommels
Pommels are made of a high-grade laminated hardwood specially treated to maintain proper moisture content and attached to cast iron bases which match the horse body contour
- Longer groove in the steel cast allows for multiple levels of competition
- New flatter surface provides about 15% more working surface on the actual pommel
- Pommels have 2 3/4” (7 cm) of adjustment in width