Did you know that not all tumbling mats are the same? If you’ve ordered a tumbling mat from anywhere in the last 2 years, you may have noticed a somewhat scary sounding warning label included on the packaging, particularly if you are within the state of California. The warning label goes something like this:
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Pretty scary sounding, right? The Consumer Product Safety Information Act has regulations stating that products with vinyl (like gymnastics mats), must not contain levels of a specific substance called phthalates that exceed certain thresholds. The vinyl must be tested by certified laboratories to ensure that it is compliant. Getting products certified is a process.
Well, now you don’t have to worry about that when you buy a tumbling mat from American Gymnast! Our American Gymnast tumbling mats have been through that certification process, having been tested and rated as compliant with the Consumer Product Safety Information Act. When you see this stamp on a product on our web site, you’ll know it’s been through that certification process.
So, next time you buy a tumbling mat, look for this stamp and you’ll know it’s safe for your gym or your family.
- American Gymnast Adds Strength and Fitness Product Line - June 10, 2014
- How To Keep High Confidence After Performing Poorly - June 9, 2014
- How to Bounce Back After a Bad Performance - May 22, 2014
- Spin Locks Updated on AAI Gymnastics Equipment - May 15, 2014
- American Gymnast Opens New Location - April 18, 2014
- Top Beliefs that Block Gymnasts’ Success - March 15, 2014
- How to Perform with Trust in Competition - February 20, 2014
- 2014 American Cup Gymnastics Equipment for Sale - February 18, 2014
- How to Stay Committed to Your Training - November 7, 2013
- Frame Bar vs. Quick Flex Bar for the TumblTrak - November 6, 2013